These are some of our recent publications:
- Lindgren, April. CERIS Working Paper #95: 2013. “The diverse city: Can you read all about it in ethnic newspapers?” Available from http://www.ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/CWP_95_-Lindgren.pdf Research summary available from http://www.ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lindgren_Research-Summary_2013.pdf
- Lindgren, April and Wong, Christina. (2012). Want to understand local news? Make a map. Published in the proceedings from the 2012 annual conference of the Canadian Communication Association, held in Waterloo, Ont. Available from http://cca.kingsjournalism.com/?p=169
- Lindgren, April. (2012). (in press). Missing and misrepresented: Portrayals of other ethnic and racialized groups in a Greater Toronto Area ethnocultural newspaper. Canadian Ethnic Studies.
- Fatima, Sahar. (2012). Telling scholarly stories: Translating research outcomes into multimedia stories for the purposes of dissemination. Available here
- Lindgren, April. (2011). Front page challenge: A case study examining what the ethnic media promises and what it delivers. CERIS Working Paper #83. Available from http://ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/pdf/research_publication/working_papers/wp83.pdf
- Lindgren, April. (2011). Interpreting the city: Portrayals of place in a Toronto-area ethnic newspaper. Aether: The Journal of Media Geography, 8a, 68-88. Available fromhttp://126.96.36.199/~aether/volume_08a.html
- Komaromy, Andrew. (2011). Spatial Analysis Methods for Describing and Comparing the Geographic Distribution of Local News. Major Research Paper, Master of Spatial Analysis, Department of Geography, Ryerson University.
- Lindgren, April. (June 15, 2010). Report: Covering disadvantaged neighbourhoods. The Canadian Journalism Project. Available from http://www.j-source.ca/english_new/detail.php?id=5176&PHPSESSID=c6f8
- Lindgren, April. (May 28, 2010). “Why negative news dominates in reports about Toronto’s disadvantaged neighbourhoods.” Openfile.ca. Available from http://www.openfile.ca/toronto/blog/opinion/2010/why-negative-news-dominates-reports-about-torontos-disadvantaged-neighbourhoods
- Lindgren, April. (2009). News, geography and disadvantage: Mapping newspaper coverage of high-needs neighbourhoods in Toronto, Canada. Canadian Journal of Urban Research, 18(1), 74-97.
- Lindgren, April. (2009). Mapping local news: A research methodology. Paper presented to the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Presented to the AEJMC annual conference, Boston. Available from http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/aejmc/aejmc09/