These are some of our recent publications:
- Lindgren, April. (2014). Toronto-area ethnic newspapers and Canada’s 2011 federal election: An investigation of content, focus and partisanship. Canadian Journal of Political Science, 47(4). Available from http://journals.cambridge.org/
action/displayJournal?jid=CJP and http://localnewsresearchproject.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Lindgren-CJPS-article.pdf
- Lindgren, April. (2014). Demonized weed. Literary Review of Canada, 22(6), 20-21.
- Lindgren, April. (2014). Ethnic media election coverage: A content analysis methodology. Available from http://www.ryerson.ca/content/
- Lindgren, April. (2013). The Diverse City: Can you read all about it in ethnic newspapers?
Contemporary Readings in Law and Social Justice, 5(2), 120-140.
- Lindgren, April. (2013). Do ethnocultural newspapers have a future in Canada? J-Source: The Canadian Journalism Project. Available from http://j-source.ca/article/do-
- Lindgren, April. CERIS Working Paper #95: 2013. “The diverse city: Can you read all about it in ethnic newspapers?” Available from http://www.ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/CWP_95_-Lindgren.pdf Research summary available from http://www.ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lindgren_Research-Summary_2013.pdf
- Lindgren, April and Wong, Christina. (2012). Want to understand local news? Make a map. Published in the proceedings from the 2012 annual conference of the Canadian Communication Association, held in Waterloo, Ont. Available from http://cca.kingsjournalism.com/?p=169
- Lindgren, April. (2011-2012). Missing and misrepresented: Portrayals of other ethnic and racialized groups in a Greater Toronto Area ethnocultural newspaper. Canadian Ethnic Studies, 43-44(3-1), 99-121.
- Fatima, Sahar. (2012). Telling scholarly stories: Translating research outcomes into multimedia stories for the purposes of dissemination. Available from http://journalism.ryerson.ca/Documents/TellingScholarlyStories.pdf
- Lindgren, April. (2011). Front page challenge: A case study examining what the ethnic media promises and what it delivers. CERIS Working Paper #83. Available from http://ceris.metropolis.net/wp-content/uploads/pdf/research_publication/working_papers/wp83.pdf
- Lindgren, April. (2011). Interpreting the city: Portrayals of place in a Toronto-area ethnic newspaper. Aether: The Journal of Media Geography, 8a, 68-88. Available from http://22.214.171.124/~aether/volume_08a.html
- Komaromy, Andrew. (2011). Spatial Analysis Methods for Describing and Comparing the Geographic Distribution of Local News. Major Research Paper, Master of Spatial Analysis, Department of Geography, Ryerson University.
- Lindgren, April. (June 15, 2010). Report: Covering disadvantaged neighbourhoods. J-Source: The Canadian Journalism Project. Available from http://projetj.ca/node/4349
- Lindgren, April. (May 28, 2010). “Why negative news dominates in reports about Toronto’s disadvantaged neighbourhoods.” Openfile.ca.
- Lindgren, April. (2009). News, geography and disadvantage: Mapping newspaper coverage of high-needs neighbourhoods in Toronto, Canada. Canadian Journal of Urban Research, 18(1), 74-97.
- Lindgren, April. (2009). Mapping local news: A research methodology. Paper presented to the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Presented to the AEJMC annual conference, Boston. Available from http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/aejmc/aejmc09/